|Salary||£25,000 - £27,000 per annum plus benefits|
Area ManagerBased in Birmingham - covering all of the Birmingham region
Starting salary £25,000 (increasing to £27,000 after a six-month probation) plus package including pension, private medical cover, life insurance, free Kumon tuition for dependents and hundreds of retail benefits
Are you passionate about developing the potential of children of all ages and abilities? If so, the world’s largest supplementary education provider has an exciting opportunity for those proficient in Maths and English with the spirit to succeed!
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
As an Area Manager, your role is to support a group of our Instructors (franchisees) to ensure the growth of their business including the recruitment and retention of their students in their study centres. You will be based in our new Birmingham office and will cover the overall Birmingham region.
All Area Managers benefit from a six month on the job training programme.
Through effective relationship building, you will:
- Improve the quality of instruction and delivery of the Kumon Method within your area
- Support Instructors with strategies to ensure growth and achievement of their targets
- Prioritise area activities such as centre visits, training and analysing Instructor and student progress
- Continuously develop your knowledge and expertise of the Kumon Method of Learning
- A passion for and experience of working in the education sector?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills?
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of grade B in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent)?
- The flexibility to work extended hours?
- A full UK driving licence? (regional travel will be a regular requirement within the role)
The interview process will consist of:
Initial phone interview with the hiring manager.
If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also presentations.
The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and supporting cover letter with the title 'Application for Area Manager - Birmingham’
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your degree and GCSE (or equivalent) results.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.
Closing Date: 28/02/2019