|Salary||£10 per hour plus benefits|
|Benefits||Hundreds of retail discounts, Private Medical Insurance, Feel Good Friday, free Kumon tuition for your children and extensive training opportunities|
12 hours per week
Tuesday 3pm - 6pm, Wednesday 3pm – 6pm, Friday 3pm – 6pm and Saturday 9:30am – 12:30pm
Working towards agreed targets, this exciting role involves taking on some instructional responsibilities of students aged 2 to 18 and the day to day assistant responsibilities as the centre opens its doors to students and grows.
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working with the Education Centre Manager to deliver high-quality student instruction
- Accurately pull and date work for students to use in class and take home
- Accurately mark student’s completed work in class
- Accurately record their daily work so the Education Centre Manager can instruct the student appropriately
- Observe some students and provide feedback to the Instructor
- General administration duties as and when requested by the Education Centre Manager
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- A passion for education and development of children through individualised study.
- Experience in high level English and maths
- A strong grasp of written and spoken English.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- The drive, creativity, tenacity and the ambition to make a positive difference to our students and thereby making this centre a real success.
- Achieved a level A or above (or equivalent) in GCSE Mathematics
- Achieved a level A or above (or equivalent) in GCSE English Language
In return, we will offer you:
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts
- A company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free eye tests
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial phone interview with the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will be based on tests and presentations
- The final stage will be a face-to-face interview
To apply for this role, please provide your CV and a supporting statement letting us know why you are interested in working for Kumon.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your GCSE (or equivalent) results.