Deputy Education Centre Manager
|Salary||£24,000 to £28,000 per annum|
|Benefits||Hundreds of retail discounts, Private Medical Insurance, Feel Good Friday, free Kumon tuition for your children and extensive training opportunities|
35 hours per week
Tuesday to Friday from 12pm - 8pm and Saturday from 8:30am - 4:30pm
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Deputy Education Centre Manager to support the running of our new flagship Kumon Education Centre in London. The Ealing Dickens Yard Education Centre is quickly strengthening the Kumon brand throughout London and the UK. It is also the Training Centre for all new Kumon Associates and new Instructors throughout the UK and Ireland. It is the central hub of Kumon instruction learning and development for Kumon within the UK and Ireland.
Working towards agreed targets, this exciting role involves taking on shared responsibility for the instruction and development of its students and the growth and development of the centre on a commercial scale.
Kumon develops every child's potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 650 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working with the Education Centre Manager to deliver high-quality Kumon instruction at the centre (approximately 60% of your time will be instructing students in the centre.)
- Conducting parent information sessions.
- Supporting Voluntary Study Groups with Associates and Instructors.
- Maintaining and developing the centre's reputation as a key education provider within the local community.
- Managing some employees.
- Supporting the recruitment and training of Associates and Instructors.
- Promoting, marketing and developing the Kumon brand within the area.
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- A passion for education and development of children through individualised study.
- Experience in high level English and maths
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- The drive, creativity, tenacity and the ambition to make a positive difference to our students and thereby making this centre a real success.
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of grade B in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent)
In return, we will offer you:
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts
- A company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free eye tests
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also presentations.
- The final stage will be a presentation, Study Centre visit and a face-to-face interview.
To apply for this role, please provide your CV and a supporting statement letting us know why you are interested in working for Kumon.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your GCSE (or equivalent) results.