Within the Kumon Europe and Africa region, we continually strive to reduce our environmental burden. We are committed to complying with all relevant environmental legislation across the regions and countries in which we operate and regularly monitor and evaluate our activities to ensure we improve our environmental performance ongoing.
We aim to:
- monitor our energy use and minimise where possible
- educate our employees in the importance of ensuring they switch off lights, computer monitors and any other electrical appliances when not in use
- promote online meetings and document transfers rather than unnecessary travel
- re-use and recycle materials, as far as possible, to reduce waste
- provide recycling containers for items such as printer toners, paper, plastic and cardboard to ensure our employees are able to recycle
- promote a cycle to work scheme and, where possible, recommend car-sharing or travel via public transport
- promote the use of online data transfer rather than unnecessary printing
- ensure we use FSC rated (UK) materials and recycled paper when printing magazines and brochures
- use motion sensors for all lighting, where possible, to ensure lights go off automatically when areas are not in use
We promote environmental awareness to all employees, provide environmental training, and are committed to regularly reviewing our activities to ensure we meet all organisational priorities, environmental legislation and best practice recommendations.
Kumon Group's Environmental Activities