www.kumon.co.uk is a site operated by Kumon Europe & Africa Limited.
Kumon Europe & Africa Limited (“Kumon UK”)
Company registration number: 2559971
Company registration address: 11 Raven Wharf, Lafone Street, London, SE1 2LR.
Registered in England
Main trading address: 4th Floor West, Ealing Cross, 85 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 5TH.
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page; please check this page regularly to take notice of any changes, as they are binding.
Personal data entered into this website is treated as confidential and will be dealt with in accordance with Data Protection Act 1988.
Kumon UK is the licensee of all the Intellectual Property rights on our site, and in the material published throughout it. Those works are protected by copyright law and treaties around the world. The content of this website is protected under the Intellectual Property laws of England and Wales. All such rights are reserved. You acknowledge that you must not modify, copy, distribute, reproduce the website or any of the Intellectual Property Rights on our website.
Limitation of Liability
The use of this website is at the user own risk. Kumon UK may update our website from time to time and may change content at any time. Kumon UK do not guarantee that this website will be free from errors and omission and therefore Kumon UK makes no representations and warranties of any kind whether expressed or implied relating to the accuracy of this website.
Kumon UK accept no liability for any damage, loss or consequential loss arising or in connection with using or the inability to use our website and/or the reliance of information and content obtained from our website.
Kumon UK do not guarantee that our site is free from viruses or any other technologically harmful material and therefore Kumon UK accept no liability for loss or damage in relation to viruses that may affect your computer equipment, computer software, data, programs and any other material due to the use of our website. Please ensure you have adequate protective measures to protect yourself against loss or damage.
Third Party Linking
The website may refer to other websites or provide links to third party websites, use of these other websites is entirely at the users own risk. Where our website provides links to third party websites these inks are provided for your information only. Kumon UK have no control over the content of those websites and therefore this should not be seen as an endorsement from Kumon UK.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If you have any comments or queries relating to our website please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Which Cookies are used on this website?
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of a website - i.e. logging into an account.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information which identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve how a website works.
Third party supplier
These cookies are used by Google Analytics so we can get statistics about the usage of our website. Information is collected in an aggregated manner to give us the total number of visits from particular sources such as from a Search Engine or another website. They do not store personal information.
These cookies are used by Facebook so we can display Facebook icons and number of "likes" on our web pages. As well as other Facebook "social plugins" that enable you to "like" our Facebook page.
These cookies are also used by AddThis, the world's largest content sharing platform. These cookies enable users to quickly and easily share pages from our website via Facebook, Twitter, etc. whilst keeping track of the number of people sharing our content around the web. They do not store personal information or send any personal information back to AddThis. AddThis is owned and operated by Clearspring Technologies.
These cookies allow a website to remember choices you make such as text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
This cookie identifies your current session on our website. We use it to recognise individual choices you make on our website that are not stored by other means and cannot be accessed outside of this website.
How to control and delete cookies
You may restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, or the services we use, by referring to the 'Help' option on the menu bar of your browser. This will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies; notify you when you receive new cookies; and disable cookies altogether.
To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
Photo Competition Facebook Terms and Conditions1. THE PROMOTER
- This competition is organised by Kumon Europe and Africa Limited with registered offices at 89 Spa Road, London UK SE16 3SG with company registered number 02559971 (“Kumon UK”).
- By entering this competition, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Facebook. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
- The title of the competition is #KumonSummerStudy Photo Competition (the “Competition”)
- Kumon UK is offering those who enter this Competition a chance to win one of the following: a £200 Airline Gift Card, a £50 Odeon Cinema Gift Card, a £50 Gift Card for the GAME shop, a £50 Gift Card for Amazon.
- The Competition will run from 12:01am Monday 15 July 2019 (the “Opening Date”) to 11:59pm on Sunday 25 August 2019 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive; (the “Competition Period”).
- All Competition entries must be received by Kumon UK by no later than 11:59pm on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid.
- To enter this Competition, you need to submit a photo (“Photo”) of your child(ren) focusing on and completing their Kumon worksheets over the summer holiday on your Facebook page. Your entry must include the hashtag #KumonSummerStudy and you must tag the Facebook handle of the Study Centre which your Child(ren) attend (in the event that the Study Centre does not have its own Facebook page, you must state the full name of the Kumon study centre underneath the tag). You may post your photo on your own Facebook page, or send a direct Facebook message on the Kumon UK Facebook page.
- By entering the Competition you grant Kumon UK a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive license, without limitation, to use the use of your entry in connection with the Competition and to display your entry on the internet.
- The Competition is free to enter however internet and Facebook access is required.
- The Competition will be judged by a panel of four (4) judges and the decision will be final.
- Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 or over, and be a parent/ legal guardian of a child and, the child has been enrolled in a Kumon programme prior to the Competition Period and up to (at least) the end of the Competition Period.
- This Competition is not open to any employees of Kumon UK or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this Competition.
- One entry allowed per person, per week throughout the Competition Period. If your Photo entry is unsuccessful in a particular week throughout the Competition Period, you are permitted to re-submit the same or different Photo entry for a subsequent week throughout the Competition Period. If you are a competition winner in any given week during the Competition Period, you will not be eligible to re-enter the Competition.
- The Photo entry must be of one child only, or siblings (who must also have been enrolled in a Kumon programme prior to the Competition Period and up to (at least) the end of the Competition Period).
- There are seven (7) prizes (herein referred to individually as “Prize” and collectively as “Prizes”) to be won and they are as follows:
(ii) Weekly Prizes: There are six (6) weekly prizes (each a “Weekly Prize”) available to be won with one (1) Weekly Prize per week of the Competition as follows:
Weekly Entry Competition
- Monday 15 July 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Monday 22 July 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Monday 29 July 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Monday 5 August 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Monday 12 August 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Monday 19 August 2019 - £50 Gift card from a choice of 3 retailers available.
- Limit of one (1) Weekly Prize per person during the Competition. There will only be one (1) Grand Prize awarded.
- All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify, or discontinue, this Competition without further prior notice.
- Each week a new Weekly Prize winner (a “Weekly Prize Winner”) will be selected and awarded a Weekly Prize. The Weekly Prize Winner will be selected every Monday from the 22 July 2019 to Monday 26 August 2019 (inclusively).
- All entries will be selected on originality, creativity, and how well the student is focusing on completing their Worksheet. The decision of Kumon UK is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Each Weekly Prize Winner shall be notified by Facebook direct message (to the account from which the entry was made) and announced via a Facebook wall post on Kumon Facebook page every Monday from 22 July 2019 until Monday 26th August 2019 (inclusively).
- The winner of the Grand Prize will be selected from the Weekly Prize Winners and determined after the Closing Date. The winner of the Grand Prize and will be announced within seven (7) days from the end of the Competition Period. The winner of the Grand Prize shall be notified by Facebook direct message (to the account from which the entry was made) and announced via a Facebook wall post on Kumon Facebook page within 7 days from the end of the Competition Period.
- Each winner will be notified of winning the Competition via Facebook direct message (to the account from which the entry was made) and will be asked to provide their full name and address. If a winner fails to respond within five (5) working days of this notification, a re-selection will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize.
- By entering the Competition, winners agree to the use of their name and Photo for publicity and promotional material during and after the Closing Date of the Competition.
- In so far as permitted by law, Kumon UK will not in any circumstance be liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of Kumon UK or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Kumon UK will only process your personal information as set out in the Privacy Notice.
- If there is any reason to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Kumon UK may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Competition.
- Kumon UK reserves the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel or amend the prize and /or the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Terms and conditions for parents participating in Summer Free Registration at participating Kumon Study Centres
This section sets out the terms and conditions that apply to the parents and students participating in the Free Registration.
- By undertaking the Free Registration in a Kumon study centre, the parent is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Free Registration is a waiver of the registration fee that is applicable once a child commences their Kumon Study.
- The Free Registration will be available from 1 July 2019 – 20 August 2019 inclusive. In order to qualify for Free Registration the child must be registered within these dates.
- Parents must have attended an enrolment session along with their child as part of the Free Registration process and the child must have undertaken the diagnostic test for each subject to be trialled.
- The Free Registration cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from Kumon.
- In taking part in the Free Registration offer, parents agree to enter into terms and conditions with the relevant Instructor and pay the appropriate scheduled fees.
- Kumon and the Instructors reserve the right to refuse the use of the Free Registration offer at their absolute discretion.
- Spaces are subject to availability.
- The Free Registration can only be used at participating Kumon study centres and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives.
- Neither Kumon Associates nor Instructors will tolerate aggressive, abusive or disruptive behaviour. In the event that a child or parent behaves in an unacceptable manner, they will be asked to leave the study centre and the child will be taken out of the study centre and refused future access to the study centre.
- Complaints shall be raised directly with the Instructor.
- Any dispute or claims arising out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions, subject matter or formation, (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. It is agreed that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes.