Education Centre Manager
|Salary||£30,000 per annum plus benefits|
|Benefits||Hundreds of retail discounts, Private Medical Insurance, Feel Good Friday, free Kumon tuition for your children and extensive training opportunities|
Education Centre Manager – Harborne (Birmingham)
40 hours per week
Monday-11:00am to 7:30pm, Tuesday 10:00 am to 7:00pm, Thursday: 10:30am to 7:00pm, Friday: 10:00 am to 7:00pm, Saturday: 8:30am to 4:00pm
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus benefits
Hundreds of retail discounts, Private Medical Insurance, Feel Good Friday, free Kumon tuition for your children and extensive training opportunities
Kumon is Europe and Africa’s largest supplementary education provider, discovering children’s potential and maximising their abilities. Kumon offers Maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Established 60 years ago in Japan, the Kumon programmes have helped children across the globe to develop the ability to learn for themselves and excel academically.
Associates at Kumon share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Education Centre Manager to run our successful commercial company owned Kumon centre in Birmingham. The Kumon Harborne Study Centre has been successful and and is currently experiencing improvement in its student numbers as well as instructional statistics.
Working towards agreed targets, this exciting role involves the instruction of its students and the growth and development of the centre to support the training and development of Instructors and Associates.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivering high-quality Kumon instruction at the centre.
- Maintaining and developing the centre’s reputation as a key education provider within the local community.
- Conducting parent information sessions.
- Managing a team of employees.
- Supporting the recruitment and training of Associates and Instructors.
- Running and supporting Voluntary Study Groups with Associates and Instructors.
- Promoting, marketing and developing the Kumon brand within the area.
- Managing the budget for the centre, recording both expenditure and income to ensure the centre is financially viable.
Key skills and experience required for this role are:
- A passion for education and development of children through individualised study.
- Experience in high level English and maths
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised person with ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- The drive, creativity, tenacity and the ambition to make a positive difference to our students and thereby making this centre a real success.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of grade B in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent)
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts
- A company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free eye tests
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
- Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses will be paid if the meeting is held outside of Birmingham.
- The final stage will be a presentation, Study Centre visit and a face-to-face interview.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your GCSE (or equivalent) results.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.