|Location||Ealing, West London|
|Salary||Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum|
Based in Ealing, West London
35 Hours per week: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Reporting into the Legal Team
Kumon develops every child’s potential, offering maths and English study programmes to more than four million students worldwide. We currently have over 680 franchised study centres across the UK and Ireland.
Kumon is currently looking for an experienced Paralegal, to work 35 hours per week, taking responsibility for all Kumon UK & Ireland legal matters relating, but not limited to, Franchise Agreements, commercial contracts, defending and issuing claims, Data Protection Compliance, Intellectual Property, Commercial Property, Child Protection and Safeguarding, and other ad hoc legal matters.
The role involves:
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Drafting, reviewing, amending and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Researching and advising on legal business compliance.
- Being the point of contact for the business where any legal questions and issues arise, providing sound commercial advice in line with the requirements of Kumon UK & Ireland.
- Assist and advise on aspects of the business including but not limited to Brand & Communications, Franchise Recruitment, international expansion, as and when necessary.
- Assist with the implementation and revision of processes, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in drafting a variety of commercial contracts, (drafting without the use of precedents is desirable)
- Experience in litigation and drafting court documents (esp. small monies claim court)
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating commercial property contracts
- The ability to communicate positively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously
- A Law Degree (or bachelor’s degree and the CPE or GDL) and the LPC (Legal Practitioners Course).
- Experience working in-house would be preferable (not essential).
- 28 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Annual salary reviews
- Extensive training opportunities throughout your career
- Free Kumon tuition for your children
- Hundreds of retail discounts
- A company pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free eye tests
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Staff at Kumon all share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
The interview process will consist of:
- Telephone Interview with the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also presentations.
- Face-to-face interview.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and supporting cover letter with the title ‘Application for Paralegal (UK) to email@example.com.
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your degree and GCSE (or equivalent) results.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.