The earlier children learn, the better
Being able to develop your child's ability through engaging them with learning when they are young and curious sets great foundations for their future: research from Bakken, Nola and Downing published earlier this year, found the benefits of early learning include:
- Boost in self-confidence
- Quicker speed when tackling questions
- Ability to think differently by looking at the bigger picture
- Ability to solve problems in day to day life
- Drawing and painting pictures - can inspire creativity and greater expression of feelings
- Building blocks of different shapes and sizes - can help with recognising different patterns, putting things in order and developing a sense of judgement
- Number, word, and picture cards - can help them familiarise with an object but also become a visual learner. A good memory will certainly help them throughout later exams
- Reading to, or with, your child - widens their vocabulary by introducing them to new words. Before you know it, they could be picking out their favourite book to read to you
Starting primary school is a big transition for young children, however, by introducing learning into their daily routine in advance, you can give them a head start, meaning they'll likely adjust quickly and get their academic experience off to a flying start. Together your efforts will help ensure they begin school with boosted confidence in their skills and ability and aren't afraid to tackle harder work. This confidence and positive, can-do attitude will then carry into their daily life with whatever challenges they may face. The earlier they learn, the better.
Across the UK and Ireland, thousands of young learners are currently thriving on Kumon's maths and English programmes. Our unique study programmes offer fun, engaging learning for children as young as two, developing their pencil skills and inspiring their love of learning.
Watching your child flourish from an infant to an adult is certainly a great privilege and what is instilled in them at an early age will be of great value to their future. Why not see how Kumon could help develop your child's abilities from an early age and prepare them for the future. To find your nearest study centre, enter your postcode in the search bar above.
Bakken, L., Nola, B. and Downing, B. (2017) Early Childhood Education: The Long-Term Benefits Journal of Research in Childhood Education Vol. 31, No. 2, 255-269