Becoming a franchisee
Kumon is looking for driven professionals who are passionate about education, children and helping them build a brighter future. Together with over 11.5 million potential Kumon students across the UK, you can turn that passion into a reality by running your own Kumon study centre where one doesn't already exist or is available because an existing Instructor is retiring.
- You don’t need a background in education to become a franchisee. Many of our Instructors have had careers in law, finance and business and have experienced the benefits of the Kumon programmes themselves through their own families
- This is a full-time business opportunity where you will build and run your own business while also helping children fulfil their potential
- You will become part of a network of Instructors that share best practice along with the satisfaction of making a difference to children in your local community
- You’ll have an Area Manager to offer advice and support in launching, running and marketing your Kumon study centre
- There is a minimal start-up fee and Kumon offers generous subsidies to centres opening in specific venues or areas
- Through delivering both face to face and online classes, you’ll help many families benefit from learning with our method
What does it mean to be a Kumon franchisee?
Becoming a Kumon franchisee provides a unique opportunity to develop students through the Kumon programmes, as well as building your own study centre and business.
How much will it cost?
Explore the content below to learn more about the costs and rewards of owning your own Kumon centre.
What is Kumon?
The Kumon Institute of Education was founded in 1958 in Japan by Toru Kumon, both a parent and gifted maths teacher. He created what is now the Kumon Maths Programme for his son Takeshi to help him improve his ability in maths. Our programmes now develop English skills, as well as maths, and are constantly evolving, learning from students and Instructors, to make them as effective as possible. Kumon still stands firm to Toru Kumon’s founding principle: to help as many children as possible excel academically and realise their potential.
The Kumon Maths and English Programmes are complementary to work covered in school, building key skills and academic ability at the student’s own pace. Whilst Kumon does not follow any particular school curriculum, it does help students to build strong foundations that can help them to excel in all subjects at school.
See History of Kumon
Find Kumon franchise opportunities near you
Use our Search Feature to find opportunities to open, or take over, a Kumon Maths and English study centre in your local area.
Sorry, we couldn't find any results, please try again.
Browse our help topics
Use the topic areas below to find out more about opening your own Kumon study centre
Swipe to see more